Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BYU vs. Northern Iowa (BYU 41, Northern Iowa 17)

Okay, so BYU's next game is only another 4 days away. I don't know how many of you actually care about what I think about the games but I thought I'd give a "Weekly Review" of what happened in the previous game and what I expect to happen in the next game.

So...here goes:

LAST WEEK: BYU vs. Norther Iowa (BYU won 41-17)
All I can say is, we've got some work to do! I'm sorry but BYU should have killed these guys. By looking at the score (41-17) it would look as if we did kill them but I would have liked to see them win by at least another two touchdowns.

If you watched the game you'd know that BYU's biggest problem is turning the ball over. BYU had 4 turn overs in the second half alone! One of which was a fumble in the end zone which gave Northern Iowa a quick touchdown.

On a positive note, the Cougars were able to move the ball on offense at will. Max Hall (Quarterback) looked comfortable and confident throwing the ball. In my opinion he is one of the best quarterbacks in the nation when it comes to throwing passes that are less than 15 yards. He seems to over throw when he throws beyond 15 yards.

All in all, this was a wake up call to the Cougars. We should have been better. If we would have played a tougher opponent, we would have struggled. Hopefully this shows the Cougars what they need to work on for next week against Washington.

THIS WEEK: BYU vs. Washington (Saturday, September 6th at 12:00pm)
Washington is a much tougher opponent. I'm really hoping that BYU fixes the problems they had with Northern Iowa. Washington lost its first game against Oregon last week on the road. They are a better home team and should be a pretty good test for the Cougars.

BYU has played the University of Washington 8 times. BYU has only won 2 of the 8 games. Obviously, you can't read too much into the past but hopefully we can win this one. I look forward to watching the game to see how each team reacts.

So, my prediction is that BYU will end up winning the game but it will be close. I think they will win by 10 points or less. I really hope I'm wrong and BYU just wastes them but I don't see that happening yet.



That's it for now but you can check back here after the Washington game for my thoughts on the game.

Feel free to post any comments about either game!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tyler, maybe you should start writing for the newspaper. This is awesome. Why didn't I know this. Love you. Mom