Friday, November 21, 2008

History of BYU vs Utah !!

In preparation for the BIG GAME tomorrow, I thought I'd make a quick post and give my prediction.

Tomorrow's game is set to be a good one. Not only is this one of the best rivalries in all of football but this is the first time that BYU and Utah have been as good as they are. Both teams are good football teams that started the year with high expectations. BYU has only lost one game to TCU and Utah has gone undefeated.

In my opinion it really comes down to BYU's offense verses Utah's defense. BYU has a high powered offense that few teams have been able to stop this year. Utah has a defense that is designed to stop these kinds of high powered offenses. I believe that on most days Utah could probably stop BYU but when you have a rivalry game that is this heated, you have to throw all the stats, figures, and predictions out the window becuase WHO KNOWS!

The last two years, BYU has been favored to win by large number but both years it has come down to the last minute of the game. So, all I can say is I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's game. I feel like I'm 10 and it's Christmas Eve. I can't wait!

My Prediction: Since I'm a die-hard BYU fan, I can't predict against my team. Even if everything points the other way. Soooo....
BYU: 27
Utah: 21


Below is a video showing the history between BYU and Utah Football. It's fun to watch:

Video Courtesy of KSL.com

No comments: