Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thriller!! BYU vs. Colorado State

If you missed BYU taking on Colorado State on Saturday, you missed out! This game was a thriller that went down to the final minute!

BYU was favored to win by 14 points but even a BYU fan can find entertainment out of a game going down to the wire. BYU was down by 4 points with less than two minutes left! BYU started their drive at the 20 yard line and marched their way down the field to score the winning touchdown leaving only 22 seconds left on the clock.

Although I would have liked to see BYU win by two touchdowns, there is something about watching your team march down the field when the game is on the line and score a winning touchdown. Any college football fan can appreciate a game like that.

With that being said, there are a few things that I really liked and some thing that I didn't really like. First, the things I liked about tonight's win.

I really liked the heart and determination of the BYU football team tonight. They knew that they were supposed to beat Colorado State by a lot. When you aren't playing as well as you'd hope, it is easy to get frustrated. That is when "let down" games happen. BYU didn't let that happen. They stayed focused and they did what they had to do to win the game tonight. There were a couple of times during the game where I thought it would be tough to win but they didn't doubt themselves. They trusted in themselves and they pulled out a big win. I also really liked Max Hall and Austin Collie. They were playing in rhythm tonight.

Now for some of the things I didn't like about tonight's win. I know I keep harping on the defense but can you blame me? Colorado State isn't a horrible football teams. However, they are not a team that should score 42 points against even an average defense. Now, Colorado State does play pretty well at home but 42 points is WAY TOO MUCH! BYU's defense certainly needs to make some pretty big adjustments in order to keep winning games. Hopefully we'll see those adjustments soon!

I am also quite disappointed in our special teams play. I don't feel like our Special Teams will pull out many positive things for this BYU teams. Every time BYU kicks off, I pray that Sorensen is able to kick it out of the End Zone so that we don't have to worry about teams running it back and giving them good field position. Hopefully that team can get better quickly.

Again, tonight's win was a fun game to watch. These kinds of games is what college football is all about.

NEXT GAME:
BYU vs. SAN DIEGO STATE
Saturday November 8
12:00 pm (in Provo)

No comments: