Thursday, October 30, 2008

Let's Get Jazzed!!


I can't believe how fast the summer flew by but for me, Wednesday marked the beginning of fall. That's right, the NBA season kicked off on Wednesday. It seems like the NBA finals were just a few weeks ago. I'm excited for this NBA season.

Thursday the Utah Jazz opened up the season by hosting the Denver Nuggets. My wife was nice enough to buy me tickets for opening night. They were awesome seats too! Okay, the truth is, I was on THE TOP row. You couldn't get any higher in the Energy Solutions Arena if you wanted to. But hey, in my opinion it's so exciting to see a game in person. Even if you are on the top row.

The Jazz beat the Denver Nuggets in an intense game that went down to the wire. I was nervous going into this game because we'd be with out our star point guard Deron Williams. I felt some comfort knowing that the Nuggets would be with out their star Carmelo Anthony because he was suspended for the first game of the season. Ronnie Price filled in for the injured Williams and did a pretty good job. He did exactly what was needed of him to win the game.

Carlos Boozer lead the way with 25 points and 14 rebounds which is more than a solid game. I was also very impressed with Andre Kirilenko who had 16 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. For the first time since becoming an Allstar, the Jazz brought Kirilenko off the bench. I thought it plays huge to both his advantage and to the advantage of the Jazz.

Iverson had 18 points and 8 assists to lead the Nuggets. He is the only reason the Nuggets stayed even close.

The Jazz open the season with a win. So far, so good! Williams is expected to miss a couple more games so hopefully Ronnie Price can continue to step up and contribute big.

No comments: