Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekly Fan Favorite

I've decided to start doing something new this week. Each week I am going to pick out a player who I thought was fun to watch as a fan. It will be my "Weekly Fan Favorite" Award. Weather the team wins or loses, there are usually certain players who have great games. I want to high light one player each week who I especially found fun to watch.

So! Drum roll please!....This week's award goes to...

FUI VAKAPUNA

Fui Vakapuna was especially fun to watch on Saturday. A couple of years ago when he was running with Curtis Brown, he seemed to plow people over. Nothing could stop him from gaining the yards that he needed. I wasn't sure if we would ever see that same passion and determined running.

Saturday sent me back to the days when he would lower his shoulder and hit opposing linebackers and DB's hard every time. Each time Fui was handed the ball he gained an average of almost 8 yards! I was particularly impressed by a drive in the second half where he ran the ball down the field and then caught the ball out of the back field for the touch down.

Fui has always been a fan favorite since a couple of years ago. Each time he touches the ball the entire crowd yells "FUUUUUUI".

Because of his hard hits, determined runs, and strong heart, I give Fui Vakapuna my FAN FAVORITE award this week. Below you'll see his final stats for the game on Saturday.

9 Runs
71 yards on the ground
7.9 yards per run

2 catches
13 yards
1 touch down

No comments: